Two Laulima (many hands) series of workdays have been scheduled:
February 20-22, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Erect poi māhoe (center posts), `oloke`a (scaffolding), and installing o`a (rafters): heavy (50 lb.) lifting required.
March 4-8, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Continue lashing, prep materials, and prepare for plantings
If you would like to participate, please call the Limahuli Office at (808) 826-1668, ext. 3. Participants are asked to bring gloves, wear closed-toed shoes.
The hale at Limahuli Garden is part of NTBG’s “Three Hale for Three Communities” project. (Hale have been/are being built at McBryde Garden, south Kaua`i, and at Kahanu Garden, east Maui.)
Now showing page 1 of 12 | Next Page
- GARDEN ACCEPTING INTERN APPLICATIONS, Press Release, 05/20/2013
- Video featuring Hale building to air on PBS Hawaii, Special Announcement, 05/20/2013
- Today Show tapes in McBryde Garden, In the News, 05/14/2013
- Limahuli Announces Summer Internships, Ages 13-18, Special Announcement, 05/14/2013
- NTBG and KCC Special Film Showing April 23, Press Release, 04/08/2013
- NTBG and KCC announce new lecture series: Around the World of Plants, Press Release, 02/22/2013
- Next Hale Building Days at Limahuli Announced, Special Announcement, 02/18/2013
- Archaeology/paleoecology field school runs this summer, Special Announcement, 02/08/2013
- NTBG announces 2013 Course for Science Teachers, Press Release, 01/11/2013
- Kalo Festival includes Workshop at Limahuli Garden, Events, 12/02/2012
Please see the News & Events master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.