Saturday, November 3
9 a.m.-@1 p.m.
Lihu`e - Parking Lot Behind K-Mart
There will be over 2,000 free trees at this year’s giveaway. The focus is on native plants and the giveaway will feature a variety of species, such as: ‘a‘ali‘i, alahe‘e, koki‘o ke‘oke‘o, munroidendron, maile, naio, nanu, ‘ohe, ‘ōhi`a lehua, and pohinahina.
There will also be free compost available, as well as educational giveaways.
This year’s event will also feature educational booths sponsored by many of the island’s local conservation groups. By “talking story” with these educators, you can earn stamps that will entitle you to additional free trees. Be sure to come early! The event closes when all of the trees have been given away.
Stop by NTBG’s booth and learn more about us. Free issues of NTBG’s magazine and keiki activity sheets will be distributed.
This Arbor Day giveaway is a joint event, coordinated by the Garden Island Resource Conservation & Development, Inc. Participants include National Tropical Botanical Garden, the Kaua‘i Invasive Species Committee, Kaua‘i Landscaping Industry Council, the Kaua‘i Outdoor Circle, Kaua‘i Nursery & Landscaping, Alaka‘i Landscaping, the Grand Hyatt, Garden Island Growers, and members of the Kaua‘i Native Plant Society. Mahalo to Kaulunani Urban and Community Forestry Program and the County of Kaua‘i for making this free event possible.
Now showing page 1 of 12 | Next Page
- GARDEN ACCEPTING INTERN APPLICATIONS, Press Release, 05/20/2013
- Video featuring Hale building to air on PBS Hawaii, Special Announcement, 05/20/2013
- Today Show tapes in McBryde Garden, In the News, 05/14/2013
- Limahuli Announces Summer Internships, Ages 13-18, Special Announcement, 05/14/2013
- NTBG and KCC Special Film Showing April 23, Press Release, 04/08/2013
- NTBG and KCC announce new lecture series: Around the World of Plants, Press Release, 02/22/2013
- Next Hale Building Days at Limahuli Announced, Special Announcement, 02/18/2013
- Archaeology/paleoecology field school runs this summer, Special Announcement, 02/08/2013
- NTBG announces 2013 Course for Science Teachers, Press Release, 01/11/2013
- Kalo Festival includes Workshop at Limahuli Garden, Events, 12/02/2012
Please see the News & Events master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.