Garden Connections is a special offering for NTBG members. If you are not a member, sign up today. You then "pay" for classes with a special form of currency -- volunteer hours.
The Craft of Hawaiian Lau Hala Weaving
Registration Extended Until July 17!
When: Thursday, July 19 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Where: Limahuli Garden, Northshore Kaua`i
The art of lau hala weaving has been part of Hawaiian culture for many generations. The lau hala is obtained from the Pandanus tectorius, or hala tree. The word "lau" is the Hawaiian word for leaf. During this hands-on workshop you will learn how to make a beautiful lau hala bracelet.
Volunteer Project: Special projects around Limahuli Garden ranging from nursery work to restoring a native mesic (moist) forest from 10 a.m. to Noon.
To see a full course catalog with extended descriptions and obtain a registration application for this and/or other workshops in the Garden Connections series, click here.
Now showing page 1 of 3 | Next Page
- Art of Discovery topic of May 21 lecture at KCC, Lecture, 05/21/2013
- Film Showing at KCC - Joseph Rock in China, Lecture, 04/23/2013
- Prof. Sir Ghillean Prance on Indians of Argentina Rainforests, Lecture, 03/05/2013
- Botanical Drawing Workshop at Limahuli, Workshop, 02/15/2013
- Lord Howe Island - lecture by Ian Hutton at KCC, Lecture, 10/02/2012
- Growing Breadfruit in the Home Garden, Lecture, 09/22/2011
- Revitalizing ‘Ulu - Workshop on Hawai‘i Island, Workshop, 03/12/2011
- Kalo Varieties Identification Workshop, Workshop, 10/17/2010
- Sign up for Botanical Illustration Workshop, Workshop, 07/17/2009
- Mo`olelo Under the Moon at Limahuli - July offering, Lecture, 07/03/2009
Please see the Lectures & Workshops master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.