Delonix regia is the official flowering tree of Miami-Dade County. The first specimen at The Kampong was planted by Marian Bell Fairchild in 1917.
Each year The Kampong welcomes the public for a picnic and special tour as part of the Royal Poinciana Festivalís narrated bus tour. The tour will be led by Kampong Director Emeritus Larry Schokman. This is the 74th anniversary of the Festival, organized each year by the Tropical Flowering Tree Society.
Sunday, June 12
Starting time 1 p.m.
Reservations are needed; bring your own picnic lunch. To reserve your space, call Carol at the Society at (305) 258-1086.
For more information on the Festival, visit the Societyís website at Tropical Flowering Tree Society
To see images of this fabulous tree and learn more go to NTBG's Meet the Plants - Royal Poinciana Tree
Now showing page 1 of 8 | Next Page
- Bali Ha`i at The Kampong, Events, 04/14/2013
- New Book on Kampong Describes 1,400+ Plants, Publications Announcement, 04/14/2013
- Final Days to Buy Tickets for Bali Ha'i at The Kampong, Special Announcement, 04/08/2013
- Available for Weddings & Private Events - South Florida, Special Announcement, 02/21/2013
- Jazz Under the Stars at The Kampong, Events, 02/10/2013
- Scientific Symposium on Tropical Rhododendrons, Events, 02/02/2013
- National Tropical Botanical Garden Honors Scottish Botanist, Press Release, 01/09/2013
- Local Rotary Club to Help Kampong After-School Program, Special Announcement, 01/09/2013
- Special Tours at The Kampong during Royal Poinciana Fiesta, Events, 01/01/2013
- Botanical Illustration Course at The Kampong, Special Announcement, 12/07/2012
Please see the News & Events master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.