at The Kampong of the National Tropical Botanical Garden
“Tropical Rhododendrons: Collection, Cultivation, Taxonomy, and Conservation”
with Dr. George Argent, recipient of the 2013 David Fairchild Medal for Plant Exploration
Vireya rhododendrons are described referencing an historical background to their classification and collection. Now, recent molecular work has modified ideas and created the conflict between a practical classification and the quest for a monophyletic evolutionary one. The different kinds of species encountered within this group will be described, together with an assessment of the role that such an attractive group of plants can play in education and conservation.
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Gate opens for parking 6:30 p.m.; Dessert Reception
Presentation begins 7 p.m.
RSVP to email@example.com
or call (305) 442-7169
Now showing page 1 of 8 | Next Page
- Bali Ha`i at The Kampong, Events, 04/14/2013
- New Book on Kampong Describes 1,400+ Plants, Publications Announcement, 04/14/2013
- Final Days to Buy Tickets for Bali Ha'i at The Kampong, Special Announcement, 04/08/2013
- Available for Weddings & Private Events - South Florida, Special Announcement, 02/21/2013
- Jazz Under the Stars at The Kampong, Events, 02/10/2013
- Scientific Symposium on Tropical Rhododendrons, Events, 02/02/2013
- National Tropical Botanical Garden Honors Scottish Botanist, Press Release, 01/09/2013
- Local Rotary Club to Help Kampong After-School Program, Special Announcement, 01/09/2013
- Special Tours at The Kampong during Royal Poinciana Fiesta, Events, 01/01/2013
- Botanical Illustration Course at The Kampong, Special Announcement, 12/07/2012
Please see the News & Events master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.