a radio show produced by Hawai`i Public Radio
The show aims to depart from O`ahu-centric stories and talk about Hawai`i as one state with many faces, facets, and interests.
The segment is scheduled for the second half of the hour-long broadcast.
Dr. Ragone has been the face of the Breadfruit Institute since NTBG created it in 2003. The Institute is engaged in an initiative to respond to critical global food security issues by expanding plantings of good quality breadfruit varieties in tropical regions. It is developing partnerships to make breadfruit varieties available as a viable sustainable resource for agriculture, agroforestry, and reforestation.
The interview will be aired at HPR2, FM89 and will be streamed over the web from:
Now showing page 1 of 5 | Next Page
- Video featuring Hale building to air on PBS Hawaii, Special Announcement, 05/20/2013
- Today Show tapes in McBryde Garden, In the News, 05/14/2013
- Botanical Illustration Workshop at Kahanu Garden, Events, 03/18/2013
- Archaeology/paleoecology field school runs this summer, Special Announcement, 02/08/2013
- `Ulu Cook-off, Tours during Aloha Festivals, Events, 10/27/2012
- 10/20 Breadfruit Trees Distribution to Windward O`ahu Community, Press Release, 10/22/2012
- “Seeds of Hope” film showings in Hawai`i, Special Announcement, 10/18/2012
- Breadfruit Festival Goes Bananas - on Hawai`i Island, Events, 09/29/2012
- NTBG and KCC Present Lecture by Australian Naturalist, Press Release, 09/12/2012
- Breadfruit Institute Director Live on Hawai`i Public Radio, Special Announcement, 09/07/2012
Please see the News & Events master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.