Saturday, September 29, 2012
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
at the Amy B.H. Greenwell Ethnobotanical Garden
Captain Cook, Hawai`i (mile marker 110)
Music and Storytelling
Learn to cook breadfruit with internationally known chef Sam Choy
Workshops: Breadfruit and Banana by Dr. Diane Ragone and Dr. Angela Kay Kepler
Cultural activities; local food; keiki crafts; youth art contest; tree sales
This event is part of the Ho`okulu ka `Ulu project, revitalizing breadfruit as an attractive, delicious, nutritious, abundant, affordable, and culturally appropriate food.
For events schedule, pre-orders of trees, contest entry forms, and more information, visit:
Now showing page 1 of 5 | Next Page
- Video featuring Hale building to air on PBS Hawaii, Special Announcement, 05/20/2013
- Today Show tapes in McBryde Garden, In the News, 05/14/2013
- Botanical Illustration Workshop at Kahanu Garden, Events, 03/18/2013
- Archaeology/paleoecology field school runs this summer, Special Announcement, 02/08/2013
- `Ulu Cook-off, Tours during Aloha Festivals, Events, 10/27/2012
- 10/20 Breadfruit Trees Distribution to Windward O`ahu Community, Press Release, 10/22/2012
- “Seeds of Hope” film showings in Hawai`i, Special Announcement, 10/18/2012
- Breadfruit Festival Goes Bananas - on Hawai`i Island, Events, 09/29/2012
- NTBG and KCC Present Lecture by Australian Naturalist, Press Release, 09/12/2012
- Breadfruit Institute Director Live on Hawai`i Public Radio, Special Announcement, 09/07/2012
Please see the News & Events master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.