NTBG’s Southshore Visitors Center
La'au Lapa'au: Healing through plants*
A hands-on demonstration by Ginger Saiki using native plants for healing and preventative health
*not intended to replace medical advice from your doctor
This demonstration is part of the Garden’s monthly events to recognize `Ohana Day at NTBG’s Southshore Gardens. `Ohana Day is every Sunday. Tours of the McBryde Garden or the Allerton Garden are free to Hawai`i residents with valid I.D., on a space-available basis. The McBryde Garden tour is self-guided; no reservations needed. The Allerton Garden tour is guided; reservations are needed by calling (808) 742-2623. A short tram ride from the Southshore Visitors Center takes you along what is often described as “the most beautiful entrance to a botanical garden in the world” into these outstanding gardens in the picturesque Lāwa`i Valley.
Open Daily 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
4425 Lāwa‘i Road, Po‘ipū (across from Spouting Horn)
Event Information: (808) 742-2433
Tour Reservations: (808) 742-2623
For driving directions, see: Map or Text Directions
Now showing page 1 of 21 | Next Page
- Save the Date for Christmas in the Garden 2013, Events, 12/01/2013
- Breadfruit Festival on Kauai's Southshore, Events, 09/15/2013
- GARDEN ACCEPTING INTERN APPLICATIONS, Press Release, 05/20/2013
- Video featuring Hale building to air on PBS Hawaii, Special Announcement, 05/20/2013
- Today Show tapes in McBryde Garden, In the News, 05/14/2013
- Garden Celebrates 25th Mother’s Day Open House, Events, 05/12/2013
- Bring Mom to the Garden on Mother’s Day, Press Release, 05/06/2013
- 'Ohana Day "Double-Header" - Drawing & Dancing, Events, 04/21/2013
- Last Day this Year for the Plant Doctor - Southshore Visitors Center, Events, 04/14/2013
- NTBG and KCC Special Film Showing April 23, Press Release, 04/08/2013
Please see the News & Events master page for the entire NTBG organization at a glance.
Want to receive this information right when new items are posted to our website?
Sign up for our news feed via email.