The mission of the National Tropical Botanical Garden is to enrich life through discovery, scientific research, conservation, and education by perpetuating the survival of plants, ecosystems, and cultural knowledge of tropical regions.
Our mission is achieved through:
- A network of diverse gardens and preserves in Hawai`i and Florida, each with significant biological, cultural, and historical resources.
- Conservation, research, and reference collections (living, library, and herbarium) assembled through discovery and collaboration.
- Research in botany, ethnobotany, horticulture, conservation biology, and restoration ecology through programs and institutes.
- Educational courses, publications, lectures, and visitor programs.
- Facilities and infrastructure necessary to conduct this work.
Adopted October 25, 2005 by the Board of Trustees, National Tropical Botanical Garden